Thursday 14 January 2010

8-month review Jan 2010

I've not been active on here for eight months, notice the hit counter shows nearly 12,000 hits, but with no comments or followers conclude that there is an error with the hit counter. I am slightly relieved at the lack of input, I have had neither time nor expertise to engage in full discussion.

In the meantime I have taken a short observation course, a highlight of which was a lecture from a distinguished cosmologist who declared at the start his experience and expertise at distant object observation, but "all that dimension stuff" left him cold (I guess about 4K) . I have enrolled on a basic astonomy course to run through this year, leading hopefully to further study in cosmology.

During the last eight months I have made no progress on my model of the universe characterised in two dimensions as a toroid (surface of a torus) spinning in the direction through its "hole", the main barrier being the reinsertion of the third dimension. It obviously needs the application of maths and some observed data, with which I hope my studies will help. My model has addressed the issue of the huge amount of energy (dark energy?) accelerating masses, of which the energy of their mutual gravitational attraction is just a symptom, a trace sample. I can put this alongside recent discussions about dark matter, which I had not realised till recently is of a non-atomic nature. Mysterious energy and mysterious matter - maybe there is a connection here !

Another event of note was a Horizon TV programme in which a senior cosmologist expressed despair at the failure of his profession to make any headway on reconciling gravity with the other three major forces.

However obscure or odd you find my musings, any constructive or empathetic comments would be interesting to see whether I have shed any light, and how others make progress in your own minds in this "impossible" subject. And is there a fundamental reason why it has to be impossible?

No comments:

Post a Comment